Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Bay Day

Yet another day in The Bay.

Starting at the bank for BGWLBH, where she stood in a queue for thirty minutes and then spent 15 minutes conducting her business.

I spent that time searching for icy pole moulds. No success in Robin’s Kitchen or Heaps Discount or Coles but eventually found some in Kmart. While we are trying to avoid foods with corn syrup in the ingredients, we are going to replace our Weis Bars with home made fruity icy poles. We got 12 moulds for less than $20.

Of course we stocked up on fresh fruit from the kiosk.

We shopped at the sports store for padded socks.

We browsed the clothes shops but couldn't find anything we wanted.

We found the doggy kiosk with the special treats and I bought a bag of dried chicken necks for Harley.

BGWLBH received a message from Go Natural to say that her order had arrived so we drove across town to pick that up and I found some goodies for myself while there.

In Pialba I found some paint brushes and a set of tools for my art, some fresh bones for Harley as well as some chicken sausages for me, lotto tickets from the newsagent, groceries from Coles and fresh juices from Su Jus Cafe.

We picked up the FROG box from Craignish and stopped at our local butcher for Harley food and dinner for tonight and tomorrow for us. We decided on spaghetti bolognese so we popped into Foodworks for a couple of ingredients and checked the mail while there.

By the time we got home, it was after 3pm.

We were both buggered but by the time I unpacked everything, I only got to sit for an hour before starting on dinner.

It was delicious.

I’m trying to watch Wimbledon but the heavens have opened a couple of times and play has been suspended. Very annoying!

I think the game I want to watch between Djokovic and the Aussie, Thompson, won’t go ahead today so I might get some sleep. It’s after 10.30pm.





Nite all.

No comments: