Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 7, 2023

Nice Average Days

So excited to see the Aussie, Christopher O’Connell, win his second round match tonight at Wimbledon BUT really annoyed that they only telecast the first two sets and then switched to the Alex De Minaur match.

I’ve been keenly following O’Connell and I’ve had to follow the ‘slamtracker’ scores on the Wimbledon app because they haven’t telecast his matches.

Alex De Minaur doesn’t look promising in his match tonight and unless he finds something pretty special, he’ll be done in three sets.

Even though I love Wimbledon, I haven’t stayed up past midnight yet. As we get closer to the finals, I’ll stay up to watch Djokovic and maybe Alcaraz (who is a freak on the tennis court!) but nobody else inspires me to lose sleep this year. Maybe the remaining two Aussies will get my blood pumping!

I have nothing else to report.

I’ve walked, exercised and played with Harley.

BGWLBH went out for the day while I stayed home and watched series two of The Great Pottery Throwdown.

I napped on the couch and only got up to make the marinade for tonight’s chicken.

I need to be up early for meditation tomorrow and I’m getting picked up at 8am so I’d best sign off and get some sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: