Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 10, 2023

Surprises!

While walking Harley this morning, I tried a new technique to encourage him to walk on a loose leash.

Surprisingly, I had more success with that one technique than I have with all of the others so far!

Also, he only tried to chase two cars and calmly watched all of the others drive by.

We are making progress.

When we returned from our walk, I was surprised to discover that BGWLBH had gone into The Bay.

Harley and I played in the pool area for a good hour and I was feeling a bit peckish so I made myself a late breakfast.

After breakfast, I moved into my art space and did some more to my seahorses …

Still a long way to go but I’m pretty happy with it so far.

When I got bored with that, I parked my butt on the couch with Harley to watch my quiz shows and not surprisingly, I promptly fell asleep at the beginning of the second show.

I thought home made hamburgers would be an easy option for dinner, but surprisingly, it took me an hour and fifteen minutes to prepare everything so that we could build our own burgers at the table. As delicious as they were, they were certainly not an easy option!

I’m now propped up in bed hoping to catch the resumption of Djokovic’s match which was suspended at 7am (our time) which was 10pm (their time) yesterday. The ‘powers that be’ seem intent on not giving us access to his matches - unless we pay for Stan. Sport. - We get to see all the other top seeded players on the free to air channels, but not Djokovic.

I tried to get the free livestreams from ESPN which kept coming up with ‘unexpected error’ for 90 minutes and Wimbledon which just happened to be turned off for this match.

I had to watch the slamtracker scores while listening to Wimbledon radio to know what was happening in his match.

This is one frustrated old bird.

Ok time to focus on some tennis. I’m watching Tsitsipas play Eubanks right now.







Just before I go … a BIG happy birthday to Best Cousin in the World who is going through some pretty shitty breast cancer treatment right now. Sending love, light and strength to her and hoping that she found some joy in her day.

Nite all.


No comments: