Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 4, 2023

House Hunting

We drove to Childers and stopped at a cafe where I had a melon frappe and BGWLBH had a coffee. We were so early, that, with time to kill, we walked to the shoe shop to browse.

No shoes took my fancy, but I did like a leather handbag which is the same brand as my current arm candy. It was so similar to the one I use most often, I couldn’t justify spending the very high price, so it remains on the shelf looking pretty.

From there, we headed to Cordalba to look at a house.

The photos of this house, on the website, are from three years ago when it was almost new and in pristine condition. The gardens were newly landscaped and neatly manicured. The inside of the home was light and bright, clean and fresh. All the little areas outside had a specific purpose, were well maintained and provided lovely surprises as you rounded the corners.

The current reality of this house is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

While the front garden is still looking presentable, the rest is overgrown, untidy, dirty and without purpose.

The double carport has a big shipping container filling half of it and the rest of it is filled with tools, rubbish, smelly oil stains and bits and pieces.

The fence looks freshly broken with about ten palings laying scattered on the ground.

Inside the house is dark, gloomy, dirty, untidy and smelly. There were six dogs inside and obviously spending a LOT of time in the main bedroom which wreaked of dog pee and poop.

There were broken tiles on the floor, no town water, a septic system, two large corrugated iron water tanks and all those lovely little areas could hardly even be defined anymore.

It needs a lot of TLC to bring it back to its original beauty and glory.

Its price tag needs to be reduced by about $80,000.

The real estate agent seemed to be embarrassed by its condition and implied that it had deteriorated over the last month.

Needless to say, our interest has waned considerably.

Feeling deflated, we returned to Childers, shopped in the cheap shop and the lady’s clothing boutique where I found a gorgeous top - which I gave to Adoring Husband to wrap for my Christmas gift. So I’ve purchased a beautiful ring and this top for him to give me for Christmas haha.

We were going to detour through Buxton to look at other houses, but the weather was so hot and uncomfortable, we decided to drive directly home.

While we were gone, the new pool guy came to our house and fixed our mould/algae problem! Even though we can’t swim in it for at least a week, it already looks as good as new and I feel very happy with the results!

Now it’s time for me to sleep. Meditation and Qi Gong tomorrow.






Nite all.

No comments: