Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Say Hello

Say hello to my little friend …

There has been a noticeable and significant drop in toad numbers this year. So it was a very pleasant surprise to find this guy in our outdoor area tonight. It’s been a few years since there was room for green frogs in our garden so I’m happy.

I had a great meditation class this morning, with a couple of newbies in attendance and one of those newbies stayed on for Qi Gong afterwards.

The Gypsy and I sat outside chatting for 2.5 hours afterwards. It’s crazy how easily we can kill hours with our philosophical discussions. Even when we plan on short chats and set time limits, we always go over the limits - today was one of those days and we went 70 minutes over time!

It was 2pm when I returned home.

At 3pm I was struggling to keep my eyes open. All those deep conversations took it out of me!

Nachos for BGWLBH. Chicken and salad for Adoring Husband. Lychees for me.

Finally! BGWLBH’s car is going in for repairs tomorrow morning. It has been 9 weeks since our dingleberry and it will take two weeks to repair.

That means I need to get some sleep. We have an early start tomorrow.






Nite all.

No comments: