Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Smooth As

For all that had to be done today, it all went pretty smoothly.

We arrived in town much earlier than expected, so we found the Spotted Goat and purchased some take away coffees.

At the Smash Repairs place we ordered a taxi thinking it would take around 20 minutes to arrive, but it pulled into the driveway 2 minutes later!

According to the insurance company, the smash repair place was supposed to issue taxi vouchers to get us to the car hire place, but they did NOT! It cost $25 for the trip.

It was a brand new taxi. Very comfortable, smooth ride and a lovely driver.

At the car hire place, it all went smoothly and within 15 minutes we were sitting in the hire car - also very new, very comfortable and very low to the ground!

We took ten minutes to figure out where everything was in the car, what all the buttons were for and to adjust the seats to suit our sizes.

It was getting close to 10.30am and we had a few things on our ‘to do’ list and we had to collect the FROG  box on the way home.

It was good to get home reasonably early because we were both feeling pretty buggered.

Rissoles with spicy dipping sauce, mash, broccolini and asparagus in garlic butter for dinner.

Now it’s 10pm and I’m off to bed.






Nite all.

No comments: