Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

It’s Coming

Cyclone Kirrily is on its way to Townsville.

That’s where my sister lives. Well actually she is on Magnetic Island which is east of Townsville so she’ll get hit first.

Thankfully it’s not a high grade category cyclone and should only be a category one, “maybe” a category two by the time it hits land, but Squirt and Pelican have moved everything from ‘outside’ their unit to ‘inside’ their unit, so there literally is no room to move.

They will be staying with friends in a house on the island where they feel safer than their little unit.

I will keep in contact. At the moment, she’s exhausted from moving everything so hopefully she will be able to sleep soundly for at least a few hours.

If it was me, I know for certain I’d have left the island on the last ferry and headed south. After cyclone Oswald in 2013 which had been downgraded to a tropical low by the time it reached us, the winds and the tornado and the damage, have scarred me for life and I will never ride out a cyclone in my future.

I feel for Squirt.

I spent today in The Bay with BGWLBH doing a fairly big grocery shop, picking up the FROG box and renewing my lotto tickets. I plan on winning a share of $150million on Thursday!

As far as the tennis is concerned, I’m watching a freakishly good match between the No 2 player, Alcaraz and the No 6 player Sverev.

Sverev won the first two sets. Alcaraz just won the third. This could be a five setter and I’ll HAVE to stay awake to watch it!

It requires my undivided attention so …



Nite all.

No comments: