Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Cyclonic Conditions

The Last American Vagabond (an interview with a pathologist who came out of retirement to study, research and investigate the damage caused by Covid vaccines)

The cyclone has passed over my sister with minimal damage - although she has been bunkered down in a secure location and doesn’t know if her own place is still intact or not.

They lost power a couple hours ago but I suspect that this was NOT a category 3 cyclone as reported because I’ve seen a number of posts on Facebook from people in Townsville and surrounding locations declaring that there was not much in it.

These people have experienced cyclones in the past so I believe they are a good judge.

Anyway I am relieved that the worst is over and she is safe.

I did some art today! I added more to the round canvas …

It’s getting there.

Slowly.

I want to try a portrait next but I’d like to finish this one first.

Dinner was crispy skinned chicken with leftover carbonara, fried rice and I made a garden salad.

I watched the women’s semi finals in the tennis. My favourite, Sabalenka, is through to the finals and that’s all I care about.

Tomorrow night is the men’s semis and of course I’m hoping Djokovic makes it into the final.

Time for sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: