Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Meditation Day

Sea level is rising at Sydney Harbour.

Tide gauges, which continuously measure water height over time relative to land, are a reliable way to determine the extent of long-term sea level rise in an area, according to scientists.

This method has been used to measure sea level at Fort Denison, located in Sydney Harbour, since the late 1800s.

That long-term tide gauge “has recorded a gradual ... but fairly consistent rise in sea level of 0.1mm/yr or 3 inches/century,” according to Gary Griggs, a professor of earth sciences at UC Santa Cruz. “That rate appears to have increased over the past decade.”

Correct me if I’m wrong here but 0.1mm/year works out at a millimetre a decade and a centimetre over a century not three inches or 7.5 centimetres. 

Sorry Fact-checkers but the joke is on you. One centimetre over a century would have to be well within the margin of error and probably less than the surrounding land rise.

I wore a castor oil wrap around my torso last night. I woke at around 3am and unwrapped it because it felt like it was time.

I’m going to wear this wrap every night for a week to see what it does.

BGWLBH had hard lumps in the glands of her neck so she did the castor oil wrap on her neck. The lumps disappeared within a few days. 

I’m hoping the wrap will cleanse/detox/clear my ongoing abdominal/digestive issues because apparently (and our grandparents knew this) organic, hexane free castor oil is the cure all for everything.

I know that it feels beautiful on my skin and nails, so after I’ve finished rubbing it on my belly and in my belly button, I use what’s left over on my hands to massage into my face, neck and hands.

Meditation and Qi Gong were fabulous this morning and I was home earlier than usual because The Gypsy had plans immediately after.

I made up a recipe for home made sausage rolls. Lamb mince, silver beet, finely chopped sun dried tomatoes, onion, finely grated carrot, one finely chopped bacon tail (with the fat), half teaspoon chilli flakes, a teaspoon of mango quandong relish, salt, pepper, 1 egg. 

GF puff pastry (from Coles). They are rectangular so lay the sheet flat on a lightly floured bench top, put the mince mixture in a long sausage shape about the one third mark and wrap the pastry over it using egg wash to stick the pastry together. Egg wash the top and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top. I used a two pronged fork to pierce holes in the top.

I cut each roll into thirds.

Cooked in 200°C oven for 45 minutes.

I wish I’d taken pics because they looked and tasted bloody delicious! Adoring Husband went back for seconds, as did I!

I watched Djokovic win his match against the US player, Fritz - Yay!

I watched favourite female player Sabalenka win her match.

Right now, I’m watching Sinner (seeded 4) and Rublev (seeded 5) play their quarter final. I think Sinner will win easily. He’s already won the first set. I WANT Rublev to win - only because I think it will be an easier win for  Djokovic against him in the semi final lol.

I made a pasta carbonara (from scratch) with salad for dinner which went down very well.

I’m guessing that I won’t know the outcome of this tennis match until morning. I’m turning off the light and setting the TV timer so that I fall asleep to the sound of the game.





Nite all.

No comments: