Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 26, 2024

Oh! Aussie Day!

You start dying slowly ;

 if you do not travel,

 if you do not read,

 If you do not listen to the sounds of life,

 If you do not appreciate yourself.


 You start dying slowly :

 When you kill your self-esteem,

 When you do not let others help you.


 You start dying slowly ;

 If you become a slave of your habits,

 Walking everyday on the same paths…

 If you do not change your routine,

 If you do not wear different colours

 Or you do not speak to those you don’t know.


 You start dying slowly :

 If you avoid to feel passion

 And their turbulent emotions;

 Those which make your eyes glisten

 And your heart beat fast.


 You start dying slowly :

 If you do not risk what is safe for the uncertain

 If you do not go after a dream

 If you do not allow yourself

 At least once in your lifetime

 To run away from sensible advice


 Don't let yourself die slowly

 Do not forget to be happy!

~ Pablo Neruda

Chilean poet who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1971


I am very sad tonight that Djokovic lost his semi final match against Sinner 😥

I am now watching the other semi final between Medvedev and Zverev. I’m going for the underdog - Zverev.

I enjoyed a 3 hour ZOOM call with The Gypsy this afternoon. It was like a counselling session and a card reading. Very interesting.

Adoring Husband is still ill so I think I’ll be cleaning for him in the morning and probably for the next week.

We had our usual chicken wings for dinner and AH still has a good appetite so I’m not too concerned.

I hear my bed calling now so …





Nite all.

No comments: