Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Aussie Gone

One of the saddest lessons of history is this: 

If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.

~Carl Sagan

(Book: The Demon-Haunted World [ad] https://amzn.to/3U7uzGF)

My tennis day began with an exciting and rapid win by Djokovic over Mannarino.

Then disappointment as the 16yr old Russian girl, Andreeva, was beaten in 3 sets. She put up a good fight and did well to reach the quarter finals.

Happy that Sabalenka won easily.

I wasn’t really invested in the other matches, except for the Aussie, Alex De Minaur, who lost in five sets against Rublev. He played well, but not well enough. Maybe next year.

It’s still bloody hot, but the good news is that the cyclone won’t be directly hitting us. We’ll get plenty of rain, as a result of the cyclone, but it will make landfall somewhere around Bowen, which is a good safe distance away from us.

Duck with spicy orange sauce, mash and garlic spinach/carrot/tomato/shallot mix for dinner.

It’s almost 11pm and I’m ready for sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: