Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Sleep Deprived

My alarm woke me at 2am but the Djokovic/Popyrin match didn’t start until about 2.30am and finished at about 6am.

Djokovic won in four sets. Popyrin played well.

I slept from then until about 8am.

At 9am I got up and made BGWLBH’s breakfast, played with Harley for half an hour and then I returned to bed with my bacon and egg sandwich and cup of tea.

I stayed in bed all day, dozing on and off, journalling, watching the football in the afternoon and trying to motivate myself to get up to cook dinner.

Crispy skin chicken with a spicy orange sauce, potato and sweet potato garlic mash, green beans and fresh peas for dinner. I had half an orange.

It rained a lot today.

In the last week, we’ve had 60+ mm of rain which is a nice number and has turned everything green.

I don’t think I’ll be staying up to watch tennis tonight. I might see the beginning of the Alcaraz match but I want to save myself for the next Djokovic match and Di Minaur should be playing on the same night as well.

Unfortunately, I’ll have to get up for meditation on Tuesday morning … I’ll see how I go.

Time to sleep now.







Nite all.

No comments: