Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Very Tired

I tried to sleep early last night because I needed to wake up at 6am to be ready at 7am for another trip into The Bay.

I struggled to get to sleep and I’m pretty sure it was close to 1am when I finally dozed off.

It was tough getting out of bed but I managed it.

We stopped at Zaraffa’s drive through for coffee, but I wasn’t fussed with it. It was very weak, flavourless coffee and neither of us have any inclination to return.

Kmart got my attention this morning and I bought some little outfits for Hazel and some arty gifts for BGWLBH. I also spent some time in QBD bookstore and purchased something that I desperately needed (NOT) - three new journals.

From Stocklands, I walked to Pialba Square, which wasn’t as far as I thought. Being a cool day and most of the way down hill, it was quite a pleasant walk.

I browsed through BIG W, the lady’s boutique, Rivers and Choice. I needed to put lotto on and when I checked my tickets from last week, I had won $69! Wahoo!

It was after lunch by the time BGWLBH was finished with the hairdressers. Almost 4 hours! She has a LOT of thick hair.

We arrived home in time to watch the football and it is “fend for yourself” night for dinner so I didn’t have to worry about cooking. I threw some chicken wings in the oven for myself and the others fended for themselves.

Djokovic plays the Aussie, Popyrin at 2am in the morning so I’m going to set my alarm and try to sleep until then.

I found some pics of Harley as a little puppy…





How cute was he!? Still is 😍





Nite all.

No comments: