Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 1, 2024

THAT Time Again

Bill Gates MRNA deal (click to see the story)

This is so true..

One thing you never realize when you are young is that when you age, your mind and spirit remain young. You feel young inside, but your young spirit looks at the world through the eyes of an aging shell. Inside we feel the same as we always have. We have more or less the same hopes and dreams and wishes and desires as we had when we are young. Our insides stay young. It’s just the outside that becomes old and frail. And as we become older, we become invisible, insignificant. We realize that more of our life is behind us than in front of us.

I read this once and have always remembered it

“I asked an elderly man once what it was like to be old and to know the majority of his life was behind him. He told me that he has been the same age his entire life. He said the voice inside his head had never aged. He has always just been the same boy. His mother’s son. He had always wondered when he would grow up and be an old man. He said he watched his body age and his faculties dull but the person he is inside never got tired. Never aged. Never changed.

Our spirits are eternal. Our souls are forever. The next time you encounter an elderly person, look at them and know they are still a child, just as you are still a child and children will always need love, attention, and purpose.”

Credit to the respective owner ✍️

IT’S WIMBLEDON TIME!!!


The Aussie (Bolt) lost that match.

Now I’m watching the Lajal vs Alcaraz match and I really want to see it til the end but I have meditation in the morning and I need sleep!

Ugh 😩 

First world problems.




Nite all.

No comments: