Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Nightmarish

It was around 2am when I fell asleep.

I got to see the end of the Alcaraz match before falling asleep pretty much instantly.

At about 3am I woke gasping for air and my lungs burning from lack of oxygen. I’d had a nightmare where I was attempting to rescue a dog on the bottom of the pool and I was underwater for too long. It was a terrifying way to wake up and the bottom of my spine felt like a knife was piercing it.

It took a while to settle down and fall back to sleep.

Then my alarm woke me at 6.30am.

Not enough sleep, but I had to get up for meditation.

Because of the rain, Heart of Gold texted asking if I’d like a lift, which I gratefully accepted.

After meditation, The Gypsy and I drove to the beach where we sat in the car talking for an hour.

She dropped me home and I was starving! I made myself a sandwich and cup of tea, then sat down to watch my recorded shows.

I was hungry all day and ate often. For dinner I did roast lamb and vegetables with home made gravy.

No trivia tonight.

I’m in bed watching the Aussies, De Minaur and Duckworth play against each other.

Djokovic plays tonight but I’m not sure when. There has been rain at Wimbledon so play started late. I’m not sure how long I’ll last watching tennis tonight. So far, the Aussies are doing ok.






Nite all.

No comments: