Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 4, 2024

New Glass

The glazier arrived bright and early this morning and did a marvellous job of replacing the glass in the sliding door.

I had to wake Adoring Husband because he’d gone back to bed and had fallen asleep!

We asked the young guy to give us a quote to install sliding doors where the roller door of the double garage is, but the quote hasn’t come through yet. We’ve been meaning to get this done for two years but our finances seem to get unexpectedly redirected whenever we get close.

After he’d left, BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay where we picked up some keys and locks from the locksmith for AH and went to the supermarket, the butcher and fresh fruitnveg place at Eli Waters. We got fresh juice from Su Jus which was more delicious than usual.

At home, I unpacked our goodies, played with Harley and cooked Duck a l’orange with sweet potato and potato mash, green beans and caramelised pear.

Yummy!

We played some trivia before the football started. I think it’s only the second time this season that I’ve tipped the first game correctly! I was flipping channels between the tennis where De Minaur was playing and the footy where the Eels played Bunnies. Bunnies won, as did De Minaur.

Right now, I am sitting up in bed watching Djokovic play the young Brit, Fearnley.

Fearnley is only young and not very experienced but he’s putting on a good show against Djokovic. I think he is one to watch for the future.

There’s another Aussie playing right now and I’m watching the scores on my iPad. Popyrin is playing the Argentinian, Etheverry. They have one set each.

It might be a late one for me tonight.

It’s almost midnight. I’m off to cheer Djokovic on.



Nite all.

No comments: