Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 8, 2024

Bless Me

Got a sore throat and a runny nose.

Could be from lack of sleep and being run down (bloody tennis) or maybe I found somebody’s germs - like Adoring Husband’s - who has been coughing and blowing his nose ever since he returned from surgery!

I didn’t stay up watching tennis last night but I did see the beginning of the Alcaraz match before I fell asleep.

I didn’t sleep soundly and I struggled to get comfortable in the middle of the night. I slept with the fan on so I must have been starting to get sick last night, running a bit of a temperature! Makes sense.

This morning I got up after 9am and took Harley out to play before making my own breakfast and sitting down to watch my recorded shows.

I received a message from The Gypsy booking in a ZOOM call for 11.30am and that took three hours of the afternoon. She’s unable to hang around after meditation on Tuesday so we had a catch up over ZOOM.

If I’m still feeling sickly in the morning, I may have to miss meditation anyway!

I am currently watching Alex De Minaur play the Frenchman, Arthur Fils at Wimbledon. De Minaur won the first set but is losing the second set 2-0.

Djokovic plays at 2am so it’s going to be a long night for me.

I had cauliflower and broccoli soup for dinner. AH cooked lemon chicken with vegetables for he and BGWLBH.

We played trivia for an hour and watched Dream Home before bed time.

Now I have to figure out how to stay awake all night 😝

I’m yawning my head off as I type this 🥴






Nite all.

No comments: