Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Big Fat Blah

I slept through most of the tennis last night.

I watched De Minaur win but fell asleep before the beginning of the Djokovic match.

When I woke up, I attempted to sign into STAN to watch the tennis but I couldn’t connect to the internet! The only way I could watch it was to connect with my iPad to my phone’s hotspot. So frustrating!

I only got to watch the last set and a half. Thankfully Djokovic won.

I have been quite unwell all day.

I have a cold/flu thingy. Lots of sneezing, runny nose, sometimes blocked nose, an annoying niggling cough, heavy eyes and lethargy.

So no meditation for me today.

Lots of sleep. Lots of filtered water. Colloidal silver (which has fixed my sore throat). Lots of rest.

Tomorrow I’ll focus on bone broth, fresh juices and a flu bomb or two - hot water, lemon juice, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, honey, eucalyptus oil and cayenne pepper.

It’s time for me to cut my sugar again. I eat a LOT of sugar these days and quite obviously, my body and immune system is getting weaker. I have been sick 4 or 5 times this year, which is very unlike me. I need to start showing myself some love and focus on strengthening my health.

I am currently watching a young New Zealand qualifier play her quarter final match at Wimbledon. It’s the first time any female from NZ has reached the quarter finals. This is the first time I’ve seen her play and she’s a tough little player. Her name is Lulu Sun and she’s ranked 123 in the world. Definitely one to watch.

Alcaraz plays tonight and so does Sinner.

I won’t be watching. I need to get my sleep and be well rested to watch De Minaur play Djokovic tomorrow night!

Adoring Husband has been checking in on me during the day and brought me some tea and toast at lunch time.

He heated up some mushroom soup for my dinner but my body rejected it 2.5 hours later. Ugh 😩 

Harley’s mum had 11 puppies today!

Isn’t she clever?

I did some ZEN colouring in …


If you believe this, you need your head read …




Nite all.

No comments: