Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Wasted Days & Wasted Nights

It’s not been a pleasant week.

I began to feel ill on Monday afternoon and even though the colloidal silver quickly healed my sore throat, I have still suffered with a runny nose, sneezing, a slight cough, a fuzzy head and lethargy.

I have stayed in bed for the entire week and will probably remain in bed tomorrow (Friday).

The sunshine got my attention for 30 minutes this morning and 20 minutes this afternoon. I hope these small doses of vitamin D help my healing.

On Monday, BGWLBH and I have our first whale watching trip booked so I simply MUST be well by then!

Both BGWLBH and Adoring Husband drove into The Bay (separately) today. BGWLBH bought me a gift …

It’s a State of Origin chair rug. It’s so soft and snug and cozy. I love it! Best gift ever!

I made myself a flu bomb (hot water, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, Manuka honey, cayenne pepper and eucalyptus oil) this morning.

At lunch I made a pineapple, orange, strawberry and passionfruit smoothie.

AH heated up my chicken broth for dinner and served it with toast.

I will attempt to watch some tennis tonight. I’ve missed so much this week but I REALLY want to see Djokovic play on Friday night. He was lucky that De Minaur withdrew due to injury and he is now straight into the semi finals.

Might make myself an anti-inflammatea and snuggle under my new fluffy chair rug for the tennis.







Nite all.

No comments: