Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Adoring Husband blogs on

I think Adoring Husband has decided that 'if you can't beat em, join em!'

He sits patiently beside me on the couch every evening while I update my blog.  He talks constantly, asks a million questions about everything and anything not related to my blog, and about nothing in particular. He is forever blurting out "Did you see that!?" about something on the television (while quite obviously, my eyes are on my computer screen, not the TV screen), and is generally like a small child trying to get his mother's attention.

Sometimes, I turn my head and stare at him blankly, hoping that he will read my look as a "can't you see that I am updating my blog and am not listening to your babble?" look.  Alas, he never does, so I am teaching myself to fake a look of genuine interest.  So far, it seems to be working.

Last night, while I was typing away on my keyboard, I looked up to see Adoring Husband sitting at the dining room table with his laptop.  I asked "What are you doing?".  He replied "Never you mind!"

I desperately tried to think of some questions to ask him, to give him a taste of his own medicine, but my mind went blank.

Try this one.

"Are you writing a blog?"  Answer - "Never you mind."
"What happens if the computer shuts down and you lose everything that you wrote?"
Answer - "Don't even joke about it"
"What happens if I ask a lot of questions and you lose your train of thought?"
Answer - "Whatever"
"What happens ..."  Answer - "Very funny!  Stop it."

Twenty minutes later, he shuts down his computer and comes back to sit beside me.

"Are you finished?"  Answer - "Yep"
"Did you email me the link"  Answer - "Of course I did!"

So I go searching for the email.

I'm thinking to myself (with an obvious guilty conscience) ... has he written a blog complaining that he can't get my attention when I am sitting right beside him on the couch?  That I spend too much time on my laptop?  Perhaps he's asking me a question in the blog, because he thinks it's the best way to get my attention, instead of just speaking!

I find it both hilarious and sad that I had these thoughts!

I found his blog and hesitantly began reading.  I began giggling at the first paragraph and almost had tears of laughter by the end.  I'm adding the link here, but I am warning you that you may not find it as funny as I do.

It's a private joke that I have with Adoring Husband about his bad energy flow that causes things to go wrong.  Electrical and electronic gadgets break.  He buys something in a box and there'll be a part missing.  He orders something online and it goes missing. He buys clothes and the buttons fall off.  He buys a top of the range phone and the function that he most wants to use won't work.  He'll book us into a restaurant and then take us to the wrong one.

If something can go wrong it will ... or as I say ... "If it's going to happen, it's going to happen to Adoring Husband".

Here is his take on it:

http://basa-lifeslittletests.blogspot.com/

I'm hoping that this is not a one-off and that he will continue with his blog.  I find his written words hilarious and entertaining.  We met in an internet chat room and that's how he caught my attention ... by making me laugh hysterically every time we chatted.  (Although his profile photo showed him wearing speedos ... that was almost a deal breaker!).

Now Adoring Husband blogs on ... maybe it will give me 20 minutes of peace every night??!

      

No comments: