Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rainbow Connection

I love frogs.

Vegan Chickie fell in love with them in her childhood after her Nan placed a green tree frog in her hand one day.  Through buying ornamental frogs as gifts for her, I developed a deeper appreciation of them, and now collect them myself.

Everybody in the family either collected something or obsessively supported a football team, so they were very easy to buy gifts for at Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries etc., 

My sister collected giraffes.  My niece collected dalmatians.  My youngest daughter was a Penrith supporter.  Number one son supported Balmain NRL club (who later became Wests Tigers),  Adoring Husband was a Cronulla Sharks supporter and Nan supported the Broncos.

It was my turn to choose something to collect.  I wanted something that would be difficult to find.  Something that people would really have to search to find.  So I chose geckos.  
From that moment on, geckos were EVERYWHERE!  You just don't see things until you start looking!

Even though I have an impressive and lovely collection of geckos and I DO love them.  My love for frogs is much stronger.

I have no idea how many I have, but they are scattered throughout the house and the garden and from where I sit right now, I can see 26 different ornamental frogs.  I'm not obsessed, although it probably wouldn't take much for me to become that way! 

Here are just a few of my frogs:







I obsessively hunt around my garden for green frogs and take photos at every opportunity:




One of my favourite songs is Rainbow Connection by Kermit The Frog, but that's enough sharing for today!


No comments: