Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bella and Poppy Time!

One week from tomorrow and the population of our house will more than double!!  

One week from tomorrow is Mother's Day and I will receive the best present EVER!!  My lovely little Chicklet will be arriving from New Zealand and moving into our home with her Mummy and Daddy for a while :o)

I'm a bit excited about this!

Dribbly beautiful little Chicklet (this is not her real name, in case you were wondering!)
This is one of the other kids that lives at our house.  This was the look he gave us for four days after we put his brand new collar on him with the registration tag.  He really hates wearing stuff!

Cranky Jack
This 'look' pretty much epitomises his personality, although sometimes (for about 10 minutes every day) he can be fun and playful.

I imagine that he will give us this same look when he discovers that there is a new little person living with us!  He'll get over it.

This is Colli looking expectantly.  When something new happens, she copies Jack for the first ten minutes, which usually involves growling, barking and looking scary.

  

After she's finished, she gets curious and her look usually reads 'is this my new toy?'  She's a bit dopey.  

I don't have a photo of Ruby, the happy one, smiling.  I will make that my mission.  To capture her smile.  She will be very happy to have three new friends.  She will love them and lick them and jump on them and wag her tail very happily every time she sees them!

So, the transition period for our three kids, might be a little tough on all of us.  I imagine that after about a week, they should settle into a new routine that includes the extended family, and everybody will be happy :o)

Then it will be Bella and Poppy time for a while!  We will enjoy every moment while it lasts and soak up all the Chicklet happiness that we can!  Its' gunna be great!!

No comments: