Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Advance Australia Fair

This is the epitome of being Australian!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiEycVMKoJo

If you're Australian, you will 'get it'.  If not, it might not mean much to you.

To really enjoy this clip, there are three things with which you probably need to be familiar:

  1. Adam Hills, the Aussie comedian performing here. 
  2. Jimmy Barnes, the iconic Aussie singer (who was actually born in Scotland), whose song Adam is using the music from, for our National Anthem. 
  3. The Aussie National Anthem.
In reality, it's a private Aussie joke, that to Aussies, is hilarious!  The clip has been around for about four years, but it gives me a good giggle whenever I see it.  It usually does the rounds through email every Australia Day and every ANZAC day (which is today).

Anyway, just thought I would share that today, along with a couple more photos.  

Tonight's sunset

Lavender flower

Ruby
That's about it from me today :o)

No comments: