Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

This time .. the force will be with me!

I feel like I may have gone off track a little bit.

I am referring to number forty-four on my 'fifty-two things to do before I turn fifty-two' list.  Lose five kilos.

It's quite possible that since I wrote the list, which is only a week ago, that I may have actually GAINED five kilos!!

Chocolate, chips/crisps, Oreo cookies, icy poles and rocky road easter eggs.  These have been my downfall over the last week and I can feel the two spare tyres that sit loosely around my mid-section have almost grown into one big, full, tight tyre.  Oh, doesn't that conjure a pretty picture?!

I am generally a healthy eater, but just lately, I find myself making excuses for the bad food that I eat.  The voices in my head say "Just one packet of chips won't hurt." or  "If I have this block of chocolate today, I can make up for it tomorrow." (which of course never happens).

In reality, I shouldn't even be considering this junk food, or I should be happy with one little row of chocolate each day.

What is happening in my life at the moment that is causing me to search out the junk food?

It's not just the junk food either!  Lack of exercise or physical activity is contributing greatly.  I haven't played golf or tennis for almost two weeks because of the weather since we returned from our golfing week down south.  Water aerobics ceases for the school holidays.

I need a plan.  A solid exercise and healthy eating plan!

As of tomorrow, I am going to start a short stint on my cross-trainer and increase by five minutes every day until I reach thirty minutes.  I will do this until I can get back out on the golf course!

No more chips, chocolate or cookies!  I will focus on healthier food choices and I will endeavour to count my calories in the Calorie King website.

My health is of the utmost importance.  I need to increase my energy levels and focus on loving my body again and reducing my waist size.

This will all start with an extra hour of sleep at night!  So it's good night from me and even though I failed to fulfil the statement the last time I posted about my health, I will say it again ... TOMORROW WILL BE THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH ME!!

No comments: