Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Some Kind of Wonderful?

There is a double obsession happening in this household at the moment.

Adoring Husband bought himself a new camera.

So that I would appear loving and generous, it was agreed that this would be his anniversary gift from me!  ***insert smiley face here***

He is 'technically' minded (in a 'Sheldon' kind of way) and is reading the manual from cover to cover.

He also finds it necessary to share this new information with me... notice the glazed look in my eyes @@

Actually, thanks to him, I HAVE learnt some more about my camera, but I can only absorb short, sharp bursts of information.  If there are more than two sentences involved in this information-sharing, then the big black curtain blankets my brain and my eyes glaze over.

"All I can hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH" I advise Adoring Husband.  You can imagine his frustration!

So while he is absorbing all the technical details, I am exploring photographic websites and studying the composition of various award winning photographs and the different styles belonging to award winning photographers.

I'm also researching different photography competitions, while Adoring Husband is researching possible career opportunities and business names.

We spend hour after hour, sitting beside each other on the couch,  clicking away at our laptops, planning and dreaming about our bright futures in whatever industry we eventually choose to enter.

Adoring Husband is the impulsive, jump in the deep end decision-maker, while I am the methodical, procrastinating, think long and hard about it, decision-maker.

You would imagine that if we put both of our heads together, we might create 'Some Kind of Wonderful'!

OR we might create some kind of human volcanic eruption!!!

Is there anybody out there studying Psychiatry or Psychology at Uni and needs Case Study subjects?  ***waves hand in the air*** PICK US!
    

1 comment:

Basa said...

Sorry, but i must decline this invitation to be ,the central role in your suggested study,
I am too busy googling chromatic abberations to be involved !

VB AH PN