Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust!

This morning, I completed another item from my 'fifty two things to do before I turn fifty two' list.

I got up at dawn and Adoring Husband drove me down to the beach to take photos of the sunrise.  It wasn't as spectacular as the last few mornings, but I got a couple of nice photos.

The moment just before the sun peeks over the horizon!
The weather forecast is not good for the next few days, so I doubt that there will be any more sunrise/sunset photos for a while!

Adoring Husband dropped me off, came home to get ready for golf and then returned to pick me up.  

I'd also like to introduce another local ...

Suzy recognised me as she ran along the beach and excitedly ran to me, wagging her tail.
This is Suzy, the border collie.  She is a sweet natured, friendly dog owned by a lovely local lady whom I bartered with today.

She gave me a pumpkin out of her garden and a lovely hand knitted scarf that she made herself, in return for a dozen eggs from my lovely laying chookies.

It's a regular morning ritual.
Suzy's owner was one of the first people I met when we moved here and she made me feel very welcome.

So tomorrow, I'll be making roast pumpkin soup and I really MUST use those blackening bananas to make the vegan banana, date and walnut cake before they have to be tossed out!

Hopefully it will be a rainy day ... perfect cooking weather!

Tonight the Bare-chested Chef did home-cooked pizzas.  He makes the BEST pizza crust in the universe!  My pizza had artichoke, capsicum, mushroom, zucchini, beans and cashews.  Bloody bewdiful!

The boys washed the dishes while Vegan Chickie and I played very raucously with Chicklet.  I'm not sure who, out of the three of us, were the loudest!  But there was lots of giggling and teasing and shrieking and singing going on!

Now I am going to focus on one of my favourite TV programs ... Grey's Anatomy.

Nite all! 



 

  

No comments: