Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Today!

Today, we are up to disc two of 'Friends'.

Today, I missed getting some good sunrise photographs because I had to go to water aerobics, but Adoring Husband jumped in the car, drove down to the river and took a few shots before having to leave for golf.

Today, I went to water aerobics and had a fill-in teacher because our usual teacher had a sick child to tend to.  We had a real workout instead of the usual gentle exercise.  I enjoyed it!

Today, seven of us met for morning tea at the bakery and sat outside in the sunshine drinking coffee and catching up. It was lovely.

Today, I had some quality time with Chicklet (Yes, any time with Chicklet :o) is quality time!).

Today, I took some photos of Vegan Chickie and Chicklet to possibly be published in the ABA (Australian Breastfeeding Association) calendar for next year.





http://www.facebook.com/abacalendar

We got lots of good shots, but thanks to the Bare-chested Chef, these smiley ones are some of my favourites!

Today, I get dinner cooked for me by the Bare-chested Chef!

Today, I had a terrible chocolate hangover from the half block of chocolate that I ate yesterday.  I tossed and turned all night,  slept poorly and woke with a very fuzzy head, but I felt better and better as the day wore on.

Today, I found a magazine with one hundred different beading projects inside.  Then I realised that I must complete module one of my studies before starting something new!

Today, I remembered that ....



Today has been a good day!

No comments: