Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 6, 2011

How much chocolate is too much chocolate?

Oh how I wish I'd had my trusty camera with me this morning at golf!

In the fifteen minute drive to golf, all the paddocks along the road had a soft mist suspended over them and the sun was shining through the tall trees so that the rays were highlighted through the foliage.  It was so pretty!

When we arrived at golf, the freshly mown grass was glistening with dew and looked like diamonds twinkling all over the ground.

The long shadows of the trees stretched across the glistening grass and the water hazards were like mini lakes with lilies lying flat on the mirror-like surface and the soft mist was rising above them.

As I played my game, I was imagining all the different angles that I could take the photos - which would explain, to some extent, why my game was a bit off!

When I arrived home, and after some lovely cuddles and a stroll through the garden with my Chicklet, I settled down on the couch with Adoring Husband, to begin watching the complete series of 'Friends',  of which the boxed set arrived in the mail today!

I grabbed a family block of Limited Edition Tropical Pineapple Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate out of the pantry and proceeded to eat half of it!!

My favourite flavour out of the Cadbury Snack chocolate has always been the pineapple and for more than twenty years I have wished for a whole block made with just pineapple!

Last week I walked into our local supermarket and lo and behold!!!!  There on the shelf was a whole block of Limited Edition Tropical Pineapple!!

I thought all my christmas's had come at once, so I bought a block, not realising at the time that it was 'limited edition'.

The following day, Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef returned from a grocery shopping trip and handed me six family sized blocks of the same chocolate.  **drool**

About an hour after eating half a block of chocolate today, I began falling asleep on the couch and eventually had to concede defeat and lie on the bed for a nap.

Ninety minutes later, I dragged myself out of bed feeling no better than before the nap!

So I'm thinking that I MAY have eaten too much chocolate in one sitting!  I'm thinking that perhaps one row of this chocolate may be the limit for each sitting!

A comment was made that I looked stoned!  Yes, chocolate is my drug of choice!

What I'd really like to know is, how much chocolate is too much chocolate, and does it vary from brand to brand or flavour to flavour??

**********
These photos were taken thirty minutes apart!

Sunsets change so quickly.

The colours are amazing.


 

    

No comments: