Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ugh! Hate Those Meeces to Pieces!

There is currently a mouse plague in New South Wales!

I will be in New South Wales for two weeks next month and I'll be staying in a farmhouse on a farm in the middle of nowhere.  Right in the middle of the mouse plague!  Ugh!

In 1982, I lived in Cootamundra in New South Wales and there was a mouse plague happening around the time that I gave birth to Number One Son.

He slept in a bassinette which rested on a chrome frame with wheels, in our bedroom.  I could wheel the frame around the house while he slept, so it was portable and convenient.

The mice were so bad in this plague that I had to cover the bassinette with a big sheet of mosquito netting and I used a large piece of elasticised lace to hold the netting tight around the bassinette. 

Some mornings I would wake up to find mouse poo on top of the netting!  Ugh!

One morning as I opened a box of cereal for breakfast, a mouse jumped out of the box and onto my hand!  Ugh!

They are so tiny and so fragile, I don't understand the reasoning for disliking them so strongly, but they send shivers up my spine.

My step niece had a pet rat once.  It was just like a giant mouse.  Ugh!

Anyway, my post is brief again tonight, but I will add a couple of sunset photos from tonight.  There was too much heavy cloud to get a spectacular sunset, but I got a couple of interesting shots.

It only lasted momentarily, but the pretty pink on the horizon was too nice to miss!

Just as the sun was about to disappear, a crack appeared in the clouds and let some light bathe this yacht.
Do you think that the people living in those boats on the river would be safe from mice?  Rats desert sinking ships.  Do you think they swim out to floating boats?  I must ask a boatie!  

No comments: