Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Snoring Echoes echoes .. echoes ... echoes ....

OK ... so the roast pumpkin soup didn't get made today!

BUT ... I DID make the banana, date and walnut cake, vegan style.  I prefer it to my old faithful and original banana and walnut cake which isn't vegan!  The vegan one is much more moist and delicious!

I also got a recipe today, off a nice old bloke, for a flourless orange cake ... good for coeliacs, which I hope to try out over the weekend some time.

If it's nice enough, I will share the recipe with a coeliac friend of mine ... who knows who she is ***waves hand frantically*** Hi Kaz!!

I'm pretty sure it will be nicer than a certain batch of gluten free pikelets that we tasted last week!!  UGH!

Tomorrow, if the rain holds off, I should be setting up my stall at the local markets.  I can only pray that the weather is a little warmer than today.  I even wore tracksuit pants today!

Also, tomorrow night, Adoring Husband and I have a party to attend.  It's a special occasion, so I will be taking my camera and I hope to get some nice photos that could even possibly be posted here.

After returning to Toot's and Doch's house today (for the third time in a fortnight!) to finally set up their computer/internet/email properly and with the correct device, I am decidedly worn out tonight.

I usually like to wait until Adoring Husband's snoring has passed beyond breaking the sound barrier, to a steady rhythm that lulls me to sleep, before I go to bed, but tonight I'm going to kick him in the ribs and just tell him to ... well I don't want to start using bad words in my posts so ... 'Be Quiet!'

My take-away chinese dinner has also upset my tummy a little, so, as the snoring echoes through the house, I will sign off for now and get some beauty sleep before my big day tomorrow!

Have a great day!!

No comments: