Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

September Challenge

Our photography group has been set a new challenge for September.

The theme is 'A photo taken in my front or back yard'

The first thought that comes to mind is a flower or vegetable photo, but really, it's about being original and different, so once again, I am racking my brain for a unique idea.

I have a couple of ideas that I will try out tomorrow.

A morning stroll along the sand flats at low tide.
Not much to share today because I went to indoor bowls this morning and then afterwards I visited Mrs Bucket, whom I hadn't seen for a few weeks.

After I got home, I picked some fruit and veggies out of the garden.  A tub of snow peas, one asparagus stick, two ripe tomatoes, a peach and some mulberries.  Delicious.

Adoring Husband and I watched a couple of old movies during the afternoon and then he cooked dinner...

Crispy skinned salmon fillet with a delicious pillow of mashed potato and a green salad with avocado, cucumber, tomato and snow peas with a light french dressing.  Then for dessert, slivers of fresh strawberry with dollops of fresh thickened cream and a strawberry coulis.

I really should have taken photos of both courses, because Adoring Husband always presents meals as a work of art, unlike me, who just throws everything on a plate!

I can't begin to describe how delicious both courses were.  I ate really slowly because I wanted it to last longer.

One last photo to end with tonight because it's time to obsess over garden photos for the challenge and time to get some sleep because the tennis was postponed last night and I'm pretty sure it will be another 'no-go' tonight due to more rain from the hurricane.

White Dove
Calling out for any ideas for the September challenge!

Nite all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about trying for a chook photo - you might
get something different using one or more chooks.
Of course you will know WHICH chook I think should be the star............ggma

Age said...

Hmmm I will consider using the chooks (one in particular) and chook paradise!