Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Failing Markets

After the dreadful weather yesterday afternoon and evening, it was a relief to wake up this morning to a fine day.

I set my alarm for 5.15am so that I could get myself organised for the markets, but when the alarm went off, I lay there in the dark wondering why I had set the alarm!!

Is that a sign of age?  Or was it just that I had to wake up properly first?

I took my time getting ready, but as I left home, I had that 'feeling'.  You know?  The feeling that I'd forgotten something important, but try as I might, I couldn't work out what it was.

When I arrived at the markets and began setting up my stall, I realised that I'd left my earrings stand behind, along with my signs.  **forehead slap**

As the morning wore on, the wind got stronger and stronger, to the point where it was very uncomfortable and all of my stands kept falling over, so I took the stands down and lay the jewellery on the table.

Other stall holders were packing up more than an hour earlier than usual because their goods and their gazebos were at risk of blowing away!

For the first time ever, I sold nothing at the markets.

There were quite a few people about, but they were spending their money at the one fruit & veggie stall and the one plant stall.

Still, I got to spend a couple of hours with Aussie H, which was nice and we got to chat to lots of the local folk as they wandered around the grounds, which was also nice.

Adoring Husband appeared briefly with my coffee and then bought me breakfast from the SES stand.

However, it was a long and uncomfortable morning and I left 45 minutes early, feeling a little dejected.

I wish I'd taken my camera because there were some lovely little green bush parrots in the trees beside my stall and I'd have loved to have taken some photos!  Yes, my obsession continues!

I only have one photo to post today, of my precious little Chicklet.

She makes my heart go all aflutter :o)
We have a lunch date tomorrow (I hope) so I will try to get more photos and more cuddles then.

The markets may be failing, but the Chicklet love is still stronger than ever!

Nite all.

No comments: