Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Empty Nest

Echo .. echo ... echo .... echo ..... echo

That's the sound I hear in my empty nest.

I listen for Chicklet's happy noises when she wakes up.

I wait for Vegan Chickie to appear in the lounge room doorway with Chicklet in her arms.

I miss our late night chats after everybody else has gone to bed.

**sigh**

Tomorrow, I get to see them for the afternoon which will be lovely **happy dance**

In the meantime, my obsession continues ...

I was in the right place at the right time to catch this guy just before landing!

Another shot from the Mary Cairncross walk.  Just magic.

Bee Eater

Just about to fly up into that branch.

One Two Three ... Jump!
Today, we booked our whale watching trip for next Monday.  Another photographic opportunity.  Five hours of whale photography!

Tonight, I'm hoping to stay awake to watch the Australian, Samantha Stosur, play her next match in the US Open Tennis Championship, but I think her match is on at 1am our time ... that is still over two hours away and I am feeling decidedly weary!

I don't have the same stamina that I had even ten years ago!

Oh and if you are interested, Canon finally got their site up and running for their competition and I submitted my entry this morning.  Whew!

I might just sit quietly in my empty nest and see how long I can stay awake ... I'm thinkin' it won't be that long :o)

Nite all.

No comments: