Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Witching Hour

I started my day by waking up, going to the kitchen and making myself a cup of tea and then going back to bed.  I turned the tv on for the news and drank my tea.  It felt self indulgent and fabulous!

Adoring Husband and I spent the morning browsing furniture shops for hall cupboards and garden swings, but had no success finding what we wanted.

Then we had lunch at the Bayswater Bar and Bistro, which is part of the Peppers Pier Resort.  Lunch was delicious and the view over the bay was an added bonus.

I then got to spend about five hours with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet.

Chicklet has grown and changed in the four days since I saw her last!  She is growing up so fast!

The adorable Chicklet with her loving Dad.

A freaky photo to share.  All to do with the light and slow shutter speed.  I call it the 'whoosh' photo
Their new home is lovely and the view from their lounge room is 'to die for'.

They call it their 'island of calm' and it's the perfect place to relax and regenerate for a few hours.

Chicklet's giggles and happy sounds make you feel all warm and fuzzy too.

At the end of the day, 'Woman of Many Talents' picked me up after she finished work and we drove home, which was a lovely way to catch up.  She has been working so hard lately that we haven't been able to play golf or do lunch or any of the usual girlie things.

The big bonus at the end of the day was the beautiful dinner that Adoring Husband had prepared.  Beef fillet, snow peas, cabbage with bacon and baby potatoes boiled in their jackets.  Very very nice!

Last night I went to bed before the tennis started and this morning Adoring Husband informs me that it had been cancelled due to rain ... so now I have a second chance tonight, but already, my eyelids are feeling very heavy.

I can hear Adoring Husband's snoring through the wall, so I need to wait about twenty minutes for him to settle into his comfortable 'snoreless' sleep before I turn in.

It's almost midnight **yawn** the witching hour.

Nite all.

No comments: