Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Highlights

The highlights of my weekend were ...

... being gently woken up by Adoring Husband at 4.45am Saturday and realising that I had set my alarm for 5.45am.  Luckily we were not relying on me to get us to Alma Park Zoo on time!

... seeing Alma Park Zoo for the first time since I was about eleven years of age.

... meeting the other people doing the workshop, including Barry Beckham who I had chatted with in flickr but never met face to face.  Catching up again, with our teacher Andrew Goodall.

... spending the whole day wandering around taking photos of the different animals.  Seven hours of photography ... my idea of heaven!

... seeing Bribie Island again and driving by Mum's old house, remembering happy times.

... catching a beautiful sunset across the passage from Banksia Beach.

... wandering through the local markets at the jetty.

... having breakfast at Scoopies on Bribie Island.

... finding the Arts Centre where I was hoping to buy a pottery bowl to replace mine that got broken a few years ago.  I couldn't replace it but got some lovely gifts there.

... visiting Glasshouse Mountains for the first time.

... doing the Mary Cairncross walk and taking more photos.

... going to Montville for lunch.

... hearing from Andrew that he had made positive comments about one of my photos (the joey in the albino pouch) on flickr.  My goal, after doing is original workshop, was to have him make a good comment about one of my photos on flickr.  It's like a badge of honour!

... seeing Vegan Chickie, The Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet in their new beautiful home.

... arriving home safe and sound from a wonderful weekend.

Here are some of the highlights ...

Alpaca

Emu

Lace Monitor (goanna)

Water Buffalo
Glasshouse Mountains
Now I am waiting for the Canon EOS Photo5 competition to open.  Canon are having trouble preparing their site for uploads and the competition was supposed to open today.  A little frustrating.

So they are my highlights of the weekend.  The highlight of today would be Canon getting their act together so that I can submit my entry before I go to bed tonight!!

Nite all.

No comments: