Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Market Day Arrives Again.

This morning after my coffee at the 'Seat of Knowledge', I visited a friend who has a lovely garden.

I asked her if I could come and take some photos of her flowers and plants, so when I arrived, we sat with a cup of tea and chatted for a while, then I attempted to take some photos.

Unfortunately, we had gale force conditions here today, so it was next to impossible to get perfect shots.

Out of 270 photos, I was able to salvage about ten, and edit them to a presentable state.








That was a huge disappointment, but she has offered her garden anytime for me to take photos, so when the weather calms down, I'll try again.

Still, it was a nice visit anyway and a pleasant way to pass the morning.

The rest of the day was spent inside because of strong winds and very heavy rains.

Adoring Husband slept for a couple of hours and woke up when the rains came - the bedroom windows were open so he got a little damp :o)

He cooked dinner again tonight, which was lovely, and then we watched the first football final between St George and Wests Tigers.

Number One Son will be excited that his team, Wests Tigers won easily.

Tomorrow is market day, so I'd best get a good night of sleep so that I can be fresh for what I hope to be a reasonably busy day.

Aside from that, I'm not organised, so I need to get up extra early to get it all together!

Nite all.

1 comment:

Trigga said...

Number One Son is very happy with the result... Im just hoping they can continue. :)