Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Done for the Weekend

Our wonderful weekend of photography is over!

... and now I have over a thousand photographs to sort through.

I've spent a couple of hours tonight going through some of them and here are a couple of my favourites, so far.

The forest canopy at Mary Cairncross

A yawning koala, but I think he's saying "All I can hear is blah blah blah"

Three lovely lemurs
Today we did the Mary Cairncross walk which was lovely http://www.mary-cairncross.com.au/

It's a nice walk for those of us who aren't as fit as we should be.  Not too steep and only something like 1.7 kms long.  There are also a number of bench seats along the way for anyone who needs to rest.  I highly recommend it.

When you finish the walk there is a lovely cafe where you can sit and have a cold drink or a coffee.  As an added bonus, the cafe has a wonderful view of the Glasshouse Mountains.

We drove on to Montville and saw Andrew (our photography teacher) in his shop, where we bought one of his 2012 calendars and he showed us some of his photographs from the workshop at Alma Park Zoo.

After that, we were homeward bound so that we could drop in and see Vegan Chickie, The Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet in their new apartment, on the way.

I must say that our house feels very empty now :o(

So, another short 'ish' post for today.  Time to sleep.  Perhaps I will have time to tell you all about it tomorrow, but for now I am done for the weekend.


No comments: