Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Zoo Day

My goodness, it's been a long and tiring day ... but also very enjoyable!!

Another quick post tonight because we are hoping to wake nice and early to catch the sunrise tomorrow morning, which means we need to get a good night's sleep.

Just a little taste of what I did at the zoo ...

The albino kangaroo with a joey in her pouch

Spring is in the air and the peacocks were all show

"Ouch Mum!  You're squishing me!"
We are in a resort apartment tonight, with noisy neighbours, so it could be tricky trying to get to sleep.

Anyway, we had a great day.  Met some new people, including some friends from flickr who we'd not met face to face before, which was nice.

It was great to catch up with Andrew again and he imparted some of his knowledge on us again, which was very helpful.

I will try to post more about zoo day in the near future, but I have a bit of editing to do on my photos first.

Adoring Husband has fallen asleep on the couch, so I'd best wake him up and get him into bed.

Nite all.

No comments: