Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Obsessively Obsessive

I find myself constantly thinking about taking photographs!

To the detriment of everything else in my life ... I am obsessing.

It's like a drug that I can't get enough of, and I feel high while I'm taking the photos, then I feel high editing them and once that's done, I'm imagining where and what I'll be photographing next.

I'm wondering if there is a twelve step program out there somewhere to help me recover from this obsession or at the very least help me get it under control!

I have spent all day in front of my laptop editing the photos that I took yesterday and this morning.  I have posted them on 'flickr' and 'facebook' and '500px' and anywhere else I can think of ... and now here ...

Bleeding Heart Pigeon - one of nature's cruel tricks!

I'm too sexy for my skirt :o)

Oops, I disturbed his nap.

Lovely Green Parrot

Jekyl, the blue parrot in 'courting'

Share!!

Sunbeams over Burrum

Luring us away from her nest.  
So with that, I am off to discover some more treasures somewhere in my world to photograph.

... and the obsession continues :o)

Nite all.  


No comments: