Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ego Boost

I had set today aside as housework day, but instead, I had my ego boosted.

Adoring Husband caught up with me in the bakery where I was buying my morning coffee before I pedalled to the 'Seat of Knowledge', and he told me that he was going beach walking with his camera.

Well, do you know where that put housework day?  On the back burner!

I went to the 'Seat of Knowledge' for an hour and then triked to where I knew Adoring Husband had parked the car, followed the pathway to the beach and turned right, where I knew he was headed.

I hadn't gone very far when I saw him in the distance heading back in my direction.

Along the way, I found this old tree stump embedded in the sand and I found a good angle to take a shot.

One of those shadows in the distance is Adoring Husband :o)
Earlier in the morning, on the way to the bakery, I heard what I thought was a baby bird peeping like crazy and when I followed the sound, my eyes landed on this little nest with the baby bird sitting in it.

Baby bird looks like he has a branch growing out of his head, but I couldn't get a good angle.
I was surprised at how unprotected the nest was and I wonder if the baby will survive, considering the number of other carnivorous birds around, like the kookaburras, hawks and osprey.

Later in the morning, after I arrived home and took Chicklet outside for some vitamin D and a chook visit, we found this cute little guy in the mulberry tree.

Isn't he lovely?
It's difficult to take photos with a macro lens in the wind because the subject keeps blowing in and out of focus, so it took a lot of shots to get two good ones!  This, obviously, was one of them.

2nd Prize goes to .....
Remember last week when I submitted the candle/sparkler photo in the group challenge?  I'm happy to announce that I came 2nd :o)  I'm pretty chuffed with that result!

A special thank you goes to Vegan Chickie who gave me the sparkler idea :o)

There was no prize, just a big ego boost!

Nite all.

No comments: