Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Movie Day

Today, Adoring Husband and I saw the movie 'Larry Crowne' starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.

It was a nice, 'feel good' movie and I enjoyed it very much.

As I write this post, there are storms all around us and I can hear the thunder rolling in the distance.

We have lived here for three years and there have been many, many storms that have threatened to land on us, but we have been very lucky and they always seem to skirt around us or we'll just catch the edge of one every so often.

Fraser Island, off the coast from here, seems to afford us some protection from most wild weather, including cyclones.

The advantage is that we get to listen to loud rolling thunder and watch fabulous lightning shows on the near horizon without having to deal with dangerous winds, damaging hail or devastating flooding rains.

I almost set up my camera with the tripod to attempt photographing lightning, but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat with lightning and it seemed to be getting really close really fast.

I'm not sure which I was more afraid of ... ME being hit by lightning or my CAMERA being hit by lightning!

I have no photos to share with you this time.

I attempted to photograph an Osprey this morning, but he was too high in the tree to capture with my lens.  I waited for him to take off so that I could capture him in flight, but I reckon he was watching me and he waited me out.  He won and I left.

Just because I didn't take any photos, doesn't mean that I didn't THINK about taking photos!

I guess my biggest achievement for the day, was making GGma's trifle for dessert :o)  I have had the ingredients sitting in the fridge for six days, and finally, with the Bare-chested Chef's assistance, I slapped it together tonight and Vegan Chickie and I enjoyed large bowls full of it!

It has been MANY years since I made GGma's trifle and it was just as I remember it.  Yummo.

Since Vegan Chickie and I are the only ones in the house who will eat it, our future is looking very sweet indeed!!  Well ... maybe just tomorrow ... I think we can clean it up in no time flat!!

On that note, as I listen to the sound of the soft gentle rain on our roof at the end of movie day, I am heading off to bed so that I can fall asleep to that soothing sound.

Nite all.

No comments: