Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Cruisey Kind of Day

I actually slept in til after 8am today!!

I slept for five hours straight!  It has been at least six years since I did that ... since before my Mum died. I probably would have slept even longer except Adoring Husband accidentally woke me while attempting to turn the air conditioner off!

So I started the day with a lazy breakfast on the front verandah, surrounded by the people I love .. namely Adoring Husband, Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet.

We all decided to go to Stocklands for a spot of shopping before lunch.  When we arrived there, we went our separate ways and Adoring Husband and I headed straight for the camera shop (as we do), where we purchased a light box, for photographing jewellery,  and we looked at some Canon lenses to compare prices.

We had arranged to meet my brother, Gryphonn, for lunch, at our cottage at 1pm.

So Vegan Chickie and Co took the key and left before us to come home at about 12.20pm.  Adoring Husband and I went grocery shopping to get some extra stuff for lunch and arrived home at 1pm to discover ... NO Vegan Chickie and Co!!

Just as I began texting them to find out where they were, they suddenly appeared around the corner and drove up the road towards us!  They had been lost!  They were panicking because they knew we didn't have the key to get in AND Gryphonn was arriving at 1pm for lunch!!  Argh!

As they pulled up, Gryphonn drove around the corner and up the road towards us.  Whew!

We all arrived together and bustled inside with our shopping and groceries trying to hug hello and talking over the top of each other ... and so began a great lunch all sitting or standing around the island bench in the kitchen, chatting away and laughing and reaching over each other for bits and pieces to put on our bread rolls.

When it was time for Gryphonn to leave, we hugged each other tightly and he whispered to me "I loved her so much".  My heart almost broke and I replied "I know you did".  We hugged for a long time.

I want one of those universal remote controls that Adam Sandler had in the movie 'Click', so that I can fast forward to a time in the future when my brother will be happy again.

Life is so unfair sometimes.

After he left our cottage, the rest of us had a quiet couple of hours under the air conditioner and we played with happy little Chicklet, who has been an absolute joy, with her bubbly happiness.

When the Bare-chested Chef began preparing our Satay Chicken and Rice for dinner, Adoring Husband and I decided to head up to Mount Archer to hopefully catch a nice sunset with our cameras.

Unfortunately, the smog and smoke and dust smothered the sunset somewhat and we got up there too late to find the ideal location for photographs.

This is the best of a bad bunch ..

We arrived home to the aroma of our delicious dinner being prepared by the Bare-chested Chef .. and let me say IT WAS YUMMO!

Tomorrow, we hope to drive out to Yeppoon to see what it has to offer in the way of photographs.

One more cruisey kind of day I reckon.

Nite all.

No comments: