Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

No Place Like Home

I am sitting in my lounge room with Adoring Husband watching 'Gone With the Wind'.  An oldie but a goodie.

It's so nice to be home.

I started my day at the 'Seat of Knowledge' by the boat ramp.  Always a great way to start the day.

I bumped into lots of locals during the morning and it was nice to catch up with people.

Today would normally be my Saturday in The Bay with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet, but I found it difficult to get motivated enough to make the trek into town on the bus.

I would have made a bigger effort if I hadn't just spent the week with them, and they will be here on Tuesday for family lunch, so I don't feel so bad about missing our day.

While we were away this week, our Lillypilly trees flowered and this afternoon, Adoring Husband discovered it alive with bees.

We took our cameras out to the garden to try to get shots of the bees.



Adoring Husband got much better shots than I did.  He set up his tripod and put a bit more effort into the whole exercise.  His shots are very good.

The other thing I discovered on facebook today, that I want to share is this ...



And now, Gone With the Wind has a whole hour left to watch and I just don't have the stamina, so I am off to bed ... in my own bed.  There is no place like home :)

Nite all.

No comments: