Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 24, 2011

It's bloody hot!

Rockhampton is bloody hot!

While waiting for my brother, Gryphonn, to finish some business this morning, Adoring Husband and I visited Kershaw Gardens.  It has waterfalls and fountains and winding paths through parkland, a mini train station, barbecue areas and picnic tables.

We had a lovely time there, but crikey, it got bloody hot!  We were pretty silly wandering around in the sunshine during the hottest part of the day, so we really only have ourselves to blame.

Now we are sitting inside with all the doors closed and two air conditioners running at 11pm.

We got a couple of nice photos in the gardens today though, so it was worth it.




Tomorrow is also the final day for our 'Splash' challenge, so we spent a bit of time on that project today too.  Here is my submission.



We hope to catch up with one of our photographer Flickr friends while we are here too.

We had a nice couple of hours with my brother this afternoon, sitting on the verandah.  He is struggling a bit, but holding it together pretty well, all things considered.  It was nice to catch up and to have a warm hug.

Not long after he left, Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet arrived, after a long drive from home.

The funeral for Phoenix will be held on Thursday afternoon, but hopefully, Gryphonn will catch up with us all again tomorrow.

So now I'm off to  bed.  Today was bloody hot.  Tonight is bloody hot.  Tomorrow is predicted to be bloody hot as well.

Nite all

No comments: