Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Free the Mind

I had a rough night last night and slept very poorly, so we needed to do something to free the mind today.

I fell asleep at around 3am and tossed and turned thinking and worrying about my brother.  I know that worrying about him is not doing either of us any good, and normally I have a system to free my mind of such thoughts, but last night, I forgot to use the system!

So today was a day to free my mind and focus on other things for a little while.

We went for a drive out to Yeppoon, which I felt didn't have a lot of personality, so we had morning tea there and drove on to Emu Park, which I liked very much.

At the Information Centre, we asked the lady where she might recommend we would get some good shots, as photographers.  She suggested that we try the crocodile farm which was situated about half way between Emu Park and Rockhampton.

So off we went hoping to catch the 1pm tour of the farm.

After quite a long drive, because detours sent us off in strange directions that took a bit longer than we expected, we arrived right on the dot of 1pm and JUST made it in time for the tour.

Feeding Time

I'm watching you.
It was very very interesting and I'm really glad that we made the effort to go there.

After we arrived home, we contacted a couple of our new 'flickr' friends and the four of us decided to meet at one of their houses and then head off to Lake Mary for a chance of some sunset photos.

It was a long and bumpy road, but it was certainly worth the effort!   It was great to catch up with the boys again too.

It's very very late and I have a funeral to attend tomorrow, which, I'm sure, is going to be pretty harrowing, so I need to be well rested.

Today, I freed the mind, now I must rest the body.

Nite all

No comments: