Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pretty Crabby

Unfortunately, due to a number of circumstances, I didn't get to spend my morning with Chicklet as planned and I was feeling pretty crabby (not really, but by the end of this post, you'll know why I said it).

After my usual morning at the 'Seat of Knowledge', I planned on heading out to the beach, so that I could explore the sand flats and the rocks at low tide.

At the last minute, I decided to start at the river flats, where I was yesterday and work my way back to the beach.

It was right on low tide and there were soldier crabs EVERYWHERE!

Of course, as soon as they spot you, they dig holes and bury themselves in the sand.  It's virtually impossible to get a good shot of them while trying to get closer.

I decided to park my butt on the sandy slope and wait.

Sure enough, after only a few minutes, the soldier crabs began emerging from their sandy burrows and marching ever closer to where I was sitting.

I kept low, aimed my long lens and snapped away.

On the lookout.
On the run.
Beautiful Bluey.
An obliging seagull landed nearby and began feasting.

Run for your lives!!
Where is Bruce Willis when you need him?
I didn't end up going to the other beach, because I had so much fun with the crabs,  it was time to go home when I finished.

I try to be home, and out of the sun by 10am every day, because the Queensland sun can be brutal.

So the morning started off a bit crabby and ended pretty crabby too!

Nite all.  

 

1 comment:

Vegan Chickie said...

Omg! That seagull Shot is brutal! Poor crabby! And poor you too for not getting to see us, and poor us for not getting to see YOU! Thanks for adding that bit about not really being crabby, I would have felt terrible!