Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Taking a Moment

Today, at 10am, everyone gathered at St Albans Anglican Cathedral in Griffith for Di's funeral.  So, at 10am, I pedalled myself down to the water's edge, found myself a seat in the shade, and took a moment to reflect on our shared history.

It really was a glorious morning with a beautiful sea breeze and the tide was on it's way in.

The sky was blue, which made the water blue and the lorikeets and green parrots were squawking in the trees behind me.

A young couple were fishing off the bank just up river from me, and somebody was playing soft classical music in one of the houses behind the park.

It was such a perfect setting for remembering my friend.

After about an hour, I decided it was time to move on and I looked up and saw a rather large goanna climbing out of the rocks that lined that river bank ...



It was funny when an average sized magpie flew down to the ground beside the reptile and scared it back into the rocks!

I thought I would go check out how my little Tawny Frogmouth Chicks were going, and this is what I found ...

There is actually a third baby with it's back to us, between the Mum and the top chick.  This is a different nest to the other photos I've been taking, and it has younger chicks.

This little guy is my favourite :o)
They are just adorable!

A few days ago when I was desperately searching for 'symmetry' options, I got a shot of this guy.  By the time I got into the right position for a perfect symmetry shot, he flicked his tail and swam into the depths, never to be seen again.

When you click on the photo to enlarge it ... check out that eye!
Except for my sad start to the day ... it has been a nice day, with just a few tears.  The gaps between the deep sadnesses are getting longer and that is a good sign.

The Breaking Dawn movie was great!  There were a couple of freaky wolf moments that I thought were a little over done and a bit cheesy, but aside from that, I really enjoyed it.  It went very fast and that's always a sign of a good movie.

I'm looking forward to seeing it again, but tomorrow, I think Adoring Husband and I are going to see 'Real Steel' starring Hugh Jackman.

Time for me to take another moment and try to catch up on some of the sleep that I missed out on last night.

Nite all.

No comments: