Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day Twenty-four - Animal

Day Twenty-four  -  Animal

A tourist brought her pet guinea pig on holidays with her :)
The Seat of Knowledge is almost back to normal, now that all but one of my boys has returned from their Christmas break.

One of life's great joys is complaining about the tourists with my boys :D


So you find people who like to feed the happiness INTO you!!

Had a pretty good morning with the camera.  It was quite cool and overcast, so it was easy to sit and wait for the birdlife to do something magical.  Some mornings, the sun bites into you, and you can't sit still for longer than five or ten minutes.

This one has been popular with my flickr group.  I think the Bee Eaters have run out of bees to eat.
Banana Bird with it's blue mask.
If they didn't have that spectacular colour on their wings, you'd never notice them !
I have a date with Adoring Husband tomorrow.  Photo shoot, the movies and lunch.  I'm looking forward to it, so I'd best get some sleep so that I have plenty of energy.

I have nothing more to say today.

Nite all.

No comments: