Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day Twenty-one - Faceless Portrait

Day Twenty-one - Faceless Portrait

Adoring Husband awoke on Christmas Eve morning to find many missed phone calls from the nursing home where his Mum resides.

When he called them, they advised him that his Mum had been rushed to the hospital during the night and that it looked like she may have had a heart attack.

He then phoned the hospital in a panic, expecting the worst, considering that she is 94 yrs old and this is the third time in a month that she has been taken to hospital.

Planning in our heads, another trip down to Sydney.  Wondering if we could even get flights to Sydney at short notice at this time of year!  Wondering how serious it was.  Wondering if she was suffering.  Wondering if she was afraid.

The hospital informed him that she was fine and that she would be returning to the nursing home that day.  They had found nothing wrong with her.

No heart attack.

This is becoming an emotional roller coaster for Adoring Husband ... and me, for that matter!

It's difficult being so far away because we can't just jump in the car and visit her, to see for ourselves, how she is doing.

We are relying on the nursing home and the hospital to give us accurate information and more often than not, that information is conflicting.

It's quite draining.  No, it's VERY draining.

Today, we fell asleep around lunch time.  I slept for three hours and Adoring Husband slept for about four hours.

We were supposed to attend a Boxing Day barbecue with friends at the Lions Park.  We missed it.


At least my morning wasn't a complete waste of time.

After my usual time at the Seat of Knowledge, where only one of my boys was sitting, because the others are away with family for Christmas, I pedalled down to see Aussie H.

She was setting up for the big barbecue at the park.  Mrs Bucket and her hubby had gone home to get eskies and the remaining goodies that didn't fit in the car on the first trip.

So I chatted with Aussie H for about 30 mins before setting off to find something to photograph.

Bee Eater with a dragonfly

I'm informed this is a juvenile Whistling Kite
Mature Whistling Kite
Somebody commented about the amazing birdlife in our area, so I went into my flickr photostream to have a look at the birds I had photographed during the past eight months.

I was amazed to find so many bird photos, it would take too long to name them all in here ... although I may put that list of birds in a future post.

Time to sleep ... again.

Nite all.

No comments: