Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Productive Day

'To do' list for Wednesday

Bathroom cleaned
Spare bedroom walls washed
Oven cleaned
Inside of all windows cleaned

Small steps ... we are getting there.

As a reward for so much hard work today, we are going to the movies in the morning to see 'The Avengers'.

We are actually doing that because we have run out of milk, so we'll have breakfast in town - at Maccas, and I have found a list of Maccas food that are gluten free, which includes their scrambled eggs, sausage patty, breakfast steak and bacon, but I really love McCafe coffee :D

I have been incredibly strict with my diet for a month now and **oh my goodness** the wonderful difference being free from gluten has made in my life!

Just for a test, I tried a tiny bit of vegemite on some gluten free bread - that was a whoopsy!  Won't be doing that again!

It's so nice to feel normal again.  It's been more than 9 months since my body began to violently reject 'something' in my diet.  Now my body feels calm again.

I haven't taken any photos for two days now, so here are a couple from Sandra's garden on Sunday ...



I'd love to see her garden in Spring.

A sunset shot that has nothing special about it except for the colours - untouched by human hands.


I'm quite exhausted after my productive day and my body is seizing up with old age, so it's time to rest my weary bones.

Nite all.

No comments: